Wednesday Wow: Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST – Fun Facts and a Quiz!
Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST is the classic story of Belle, a young woman in a provincial town, and the Beast, a young prince trapped in a spell placed by an enchantress. If the Beast can learn to love and be loved, the curse will end and he will transform to his former self. But time is running out. If the Beast does not learn his lesson soon, he and his household will be doomed for all eternity.
Featuring the animated film’s Academy Award®-winning score with music by Alan Menken and lyrics by the late Howard Ashman, with other songs and music by Alan Menken and lyrics by Tim Rice, Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST has become an international sensation that has played to over 35 million people worldwide in 13 countries.
Here are a few more interesting facts about the award-winning musical:
- Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST is the eighth longest running musical in Broadway history.
- More than 3,300 people auditioned for the cast of 30. (Smash makes is look so easy, doesn’t it?)
- There is a hidden “Mickey” in the tavern set drop … see if you can spot it. (This one was my favorite).
Ready for a fun guessing game? Answers are below the video!
- How many wigs are used in Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST?
- How many 53-foot 18-wheelers does the physical production (sets, costumes, props) travel from city to city in?
- How many mugs are featured in Gaston’s Tavern?
Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST comes to Charlotte June 26-July 1 in Belk Theater at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center. CLICK HERE for more information on Disney’s BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.
Answers to the questions above!