Tuesday Tune: ‘Beautiful’ by Wayne Brady
Yes, the Tuesday Tune is by THAT Wayne Brady. He’s not only a gifted actor, host and comedian, he’s also a Grammy-nominated vocalist. Oh yeah, he can dance too! Brady is hands-down a triple threat. Well, maybe he’s a quadruple-threat. Actually, he’s more like a quintuple-threat.
Believe it or not, he comes from shy beginnings. As a child raised in Columbus, Ga., he had a stutter that naturally caused him to shy away from the public eye. He conquered the speech impediment and began immersing himself in live performance.
He performed in theme parks, Vegas and local theaters until he auditioned for a little British improv show called “Whose Line Is it Anyway?” He eventually became a key element of the show that catapulted him to worldwide fame. His resume includes projects that span across most every form of entertainment. Let’s just take a look at a few of his most notable accomplishments:
- He’s been hosting the CBS revival of “Let’s Make a Deal” since 2009.
- He produces and regularly appears on The CW’s recent reboot of ‘Whose Line is it Anyway?”
- He has a recurring guest role on “How I Met Your Mother.”
- He was nominated for the Grammy for Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance in 2009 for his cover of Sam Cooke’s “A Change is Gonna Come.”
- He played the role of Tom Collins in the Hollywood Bowl production of RENT and appeared in Broadway’s Chicago as Billy Flynn.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg of Brady’s career. He collaborated with fellow PNC Celebrity Series performer Jim Brickman to record “Beautiful.” Watch the video below to see the two of them do what they do best.
Brady will bring his completely improvised, one-man show “It’s My Line” to Knight Theater at Levine Center for the Arts on Sunday, Feb. 23 at 7 p.m. With a show full of comedy, song and dance, Brady is sure to impress you. Don’t miss it – buy tickets now!
Wayne Brady and Jim Brickman appear as part of our PNC Celebrity Series.