You Won’t Be Able to ‘Stand’ This Much Fun; The Last Comic Standing Hits Queen City!
Have you ever wondered what it takes be to be a comedian? Here’s your chance to find out because on Oct. 12, NBC’s Emmy Award-nominated series, Last Comic Standing, will be stopping by on it’s road tour to showcase what the series’ winners and other hilarious comedians have up their sleeves. You’ll be witnessing some side-splitting comedic antics that are only to be found in the Knight Theater at Levine Center for the Arts!
This lively laugh riot of a competition takes the Top 100 comics in the nation through challenges and tricks to get spots in the overall Top 20. Those 20 comedians compete in a semifinal round for the Top 10 spots. Those winners will compete individually and in teams through a series of sketches, improv and stand-up bits. It will be up to them to prove who is worthy of the title, “Last Comic Standing,” who will then receive the top spot on this LIVE tour, an NBC talent deal and a half-hour scripted project to be developed by Universal Television.
Experience the cheek-hurting, gut-busting comedy that is sure to happen on stage Oct. 12. Snag your tickets now! If you feel that you want an even better experience, you have the option of VIP tickets! If you go VIP, you get to meet the comedians behind the tour with a 30-minute meet-and-greet after the show, you receive an autographed VIP laminate, and much more! CLICK HERE for more details or tickets.
In the spirit of comedy and humor, I would like to share some jokes that are found to be pretty “punny,” if I do say so myself, and even a few jokes told by some of the nation’s funniest comedians.
- What do you call a fake noodle? An impasta.
- “Having four kids is like you’re drowning … and then someone hands you a baby.” — Jim Gaffigan
- “You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today. They left a little note on the windscreen, it said ‘Parking Fine.'” — Tommy Cooper (on driving)
- “I like a cup of black coffee after a meal; I’m amazed at how impossible this is for me to communicate. I don’t think I can say it any more clearly! ‘Would you like anything else sir?’ ‘Um, yeah I’d like a cup of black coffee, please’ ‘How’d you like that coffee?’ (pauses) ‘How would I like my black coffee?… Can you put it in a cup? Yeah, don’t just splash it on my face.’ ‘Would you like cream and sugar with that?’ ‘… is it black cream? If not, I’ll take it blackety-black black, filled with blackness, devoid of all light. Think of the blackest thing you can imagine and double that blackness and take a black magic marker and fill in the gaps and put that into a black rocket ship and shoot that into the depths of black space and close your eyes and use that as a reference'” — Brian Regan
- How did the hipster burn his tongue? He drank his coffee before it was cool.
- How does Moses make tea? Hebrews it.
- Simba was walking too slow, so I told him to Mufasa (Oh, Disney humor).
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Britney Spears. Britney Spears who? Knock, knock. Who’s there? Oops, I Did It Again.
- Why did Mickey Mouse go into space? To find Pluto, of course.
- What do you call someone with no body and a nose? Nobody knows!