Fun Facts about The Milk Carton Kids
Grammy-nominated harmony duo The Milk Carton Kids released their third album, “Monterey” on May 19, 2015. A refreshing alternative to the foot-stomping grandeur of the so-called “folk revival,” an understated virtuosity defines The Milk Carton Kids and their new album. They head to Charlotte to play McGlohon Theater at Spirit Square on April 13!
Here are some fun facts about the duo:
- Kenneth Pattengale and Joey Ryan joined forces creating this group in early 2011.
- Pattengale and Ryan both had solo careers before they met.
- They released their second album not even four months after their first one.
- In 2014, they won group of the year at the Americana Music Awards.
- Their songs disguise their youth (harmonies and minimalist instrumentation, which are a clear reference to the past).
- They record themselves live.
- Microphones are used instead of plugging in their guitars.
- Their 2013 album, “The Ash and Clay,” received a Grammy Award nomination for best folk album of 2013.
CLICK HERE for tickets to the show!